Tuesday 20 August 2013

Day 6 Universal Studios (food)

I know we set off and got to Universal Studios early so I am assuming we ate at the villa before leaving - probably croissants, muffins, crackers - really can't remember now, wish I had taken notes!
I also think we had some popcorn, crisps and drinks during the day but didn't have a proper meal until the evening.

Having spent most of the day in the park, we had returned to the hotel for a rest, cup of coffee and some crisps to snack on, before heading out to dinner.

I had been looking forward to trying Bubba Gumps for ages - I am the only one of the four of us who really likes seafood and I had had to persuade the others that it would be good!  Alas, can't really rave about it - food was OK but certainly not up to my expectations - perhaps they were set too high.  We ate fairly early about 5.30 so the restaurant wasn't busy but service was quite slow.

Sarah's Shrimp Shack Pasta - too much lemon, it was overpowering
My Shrimpers Heaven - OK, lots of shrimp but nothing special about any of the coatings really
Stephen had pizza - at least it made a change from burgers!
from this pic I think Keith had Forrests Seafood Feast.
 Pleased to have tried it but won't be returning on future trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment